Everton Football Club and Everton in the Community have been shortlisted for a total of six prizes at the 2019 Football Business Awards.
Departments across the Club and its official charity have been recognised for a variety of projects undertaken and delivered throughout the past 12 months.
The Football Business Awards, now in its eighth year, rewards and recognises the important role clubs and businesses play in enabling the game to be a success on and off the pitch.
The Blues have been shortlisted in the following categories:
– Best Football Hospitality: For delivering a first-class Hospitality offering throughout the 2018/19 season and the completion of the Club’s summer-long lounge refurbishments.
– Best Brand Activation in Sport: For the Club’s unique and innovative collaboration with Rovio Entertainment which saw three Everton stars transformed into playable Angry Birds characters in a football first.
– Best Operations Team: For the implementation and completion of the Club’s impressive accessibility work on the Sir Philip Carter Park Stand viewing platform, all nine Hospitality lounges and a statue dedicated to Everton legends Colin Harvey, Howard Kendall and Alan Ball.
–Football Club Innovation Award: For the Club’s relentless efforts to connect and offer Evertonians experiences – both on and away from matchdays – they will never forget, and for engaging with and seeking feedback from young fans to shape the their fan experience.
– Best Football Community Scheme: For Everton in the Community and its ground-breaking work across Merseyside.
– Best Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme: For ‘The People’s Place’ campaign which aims to raise money to help Everton in the Community build and develop a permanent drop-in mental health facility in the shadows of Goodison Park.
With an illustrious judging panel selected for their particular experience and expertise, the Blues are up against tough competition in all categories, including from a number of Premier League rivals including Manchester United, Liverpool, and Chelsea. The black-tie event will take place on Thursday 28 November at City Central at the HAC in London.
Last year the Club scooped two Football Business Awards for Best Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme and Best Football Community Scheme categories.
You can view the full Football Business Awards 2019 shortlist here: https://footballbusinessawards.com/finalists/